Vattenfall (formerly: BEWAG) Electric Meter Testing and Accounting in Berlin (GVS)
The GVS, the electric meter testing and accounting system, is a software system for operating, testing, maintaining and accounting electric meters of a power authority or a power meter manufacturer.
The GVS is managing the electric meters and converter stocks by the following rule sets:
- Book-keeping over all electric meters and converters based on the technical class specification (classification based).
- Book-keeping on the stock of electric meters and converters in the company (device based).
- Almost fully fault-secured registration of all devices inside and outside of the company (RFID / barcode based).
- Automatic survaillance of the different delivery groups regarding the callibration validity period.
- Interaction with other company systems like SAP.
The system provides the user with a menu driven interface on a client-server architecture, implementing an access-model with different views and a context sensitiv help.