The one-stop solution for archiving and document management
Many companies introduce electronic business processes into their organisations to achieve economical benefits. Creating and allocating orders, bills and other business documents electronically reduces paper and printing costs. Furthermore, the automation of daily standard procedures is enabled. However compliance with legal requirements requires storing documents immutable and audit-proof for many years.
Archiving vs. document management
Common archive systems offer the required safety and security for long-term storage but offer only limited support for flexible document searches based on customer specific attributes. A further weakness is the slow access while reading archived data, often caused by the non-disc-based storage systems. Because of the compulsory retention period for archived data organisations are often bound to proprietary solutions.
On the other side, document management systems provide you with flexible and efficient mechanisms to administrate and search documents – but do not provide the immutable storage required for data archiving.
The best of both worlds
The IV::ARCHIVES-MANAGER is an integrated solution that solves these problems by intelligently combining the mechanisms from both – archives and document management systems. Furthermore it is easily be adapted to customer requirements.
The newly developed meta data management enables you to assign freely defined, customer-specific attributes, which can also be added incrementally to already archived documents. Based on these attributes it is possible to search for archived documents. Because of the transactional cache documents can be stored safely but can still be retrieved very fast. On the same time an audit proof archiving can be achieved because documents and meta data are stored in the background to one or more archive systems. The solution is independent from vendor specific technology because of the generic storage format of documents and meta data.
The IV::ARCHIVES-MANAGER is a mature solution based on our experience with archive applications from several customers like e-Plus, D-TRUST (Bundesdruckerei) and Capgemini. IV::ARCHIVES-MANAGER will convince you.
- Flexible and future-safe
- Integration of different archive and storage systems depending on safety and security requirements
- Support for file systems, optical data media (like CD/DVD/BluRay Jukebox) and high end archive systems (e.g. EMC² Centera)
- Easy and safe integration
- Combination of different archives to on
- Central, independent, standardized (web service) interfac
- Complete system administration with included admin-tool
- Integrated authentification and authorization, configurable for existing access control systems
- Integrated document management
- Meta data administration and meta data based search functionality
- Assignment of customer specific search keys and parameters (also incremental)
- Meta data is stored together with the documents within the archive system.
- Virtualization/Multi-client capability
- Partioning of archives into virtual archive parts for different customers, users and applications.
- Independent lifecycles for different archive partitions.
- High reliability and availability
- Central index and cache for meta data
- Availability of service while some or all archive systems are down (e.g. due to maintenance or failure)
- Redundancy and spatial distribution are possible by combining several archive systems
- Automatic recovery of interrupted archiving tasks.
- Cluster configuration possible.